Share your thoughts here.

In riposta a Claire Jenkins

Re: SPACE TOURISM

di Anna Capuano -

Space tourism: WOW!
In riposta a Anna Capuano

di Claire Jenkins -
Interesting comments! The potential risks are the thing that would hold you back. I get that.
As we have just seen in unit 9, 'INTERESTING' is one of those words with a silent syllable: https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/interesting
Also, check your pronunciation of 'ASTRONAUTS'. And please remember that when we are talking about SPACE / SPACE TOURISM - we do not use the definite article (no 'the').

di Francesca Fuina -

In riposta a Francesca Fuina

di Claire Jenkins -
Thanks, Francesca. You're worried about the safety issues too, like Anna. I totally agree with you.
You said: "It's for sure that fear would stop me" and there is L1 interference here.
"Fear would definitely stop me" - this sounds more natural.
Thanks again!

di Sara Castellammare -

In riposta a Sara Castellammare

di Claire Jenkins -
Thanks, Sara. You sound very confident when you speak - great! Just a couple of comments:
"I don't know what IT could possibly happen..." - there is no need to insert 'IT' here.
"I could LIVE an exciting experience..." - some L1 influence here. Check the collocations dictionary to find out which verbs can go with 'EXPERIENCE': http://www.freecollocation.com/search?word=experience
In your sentence, I would translate 'VIVERE' as 'GO THROUGH'...or even as 'EXPERIENCE' (verb) but then you would have to change 'experience' (noun)
Maybe, "I could experience something new and exciting". What do you think?

di teresa brandi -

In riposta a teresa brandi

di Claire Jenkins -
Excellent point! Space tourism would definitely just be for the rich.
It "cannot be afforded by ordinary people"....you could say this in a better way with an adjective: "Space tourism would not be AFFORDABLE for ordinary people". OK?

di Rosa D'Errico -

I am so sorry for the delay, the platform did not work...

In riposta a Rosa D'Errico

di Claire Jenkins -
Clear pronunciation and some really nice vocab!
"If I had the possibility to BE reborn" - you forgot to include 'BE'.
"....how much tiny we are" - here you need to remove 'MUCH'. HOW + ADJECTIVE - HOW TINY WE ARE.
See also the comment that I wrote for Sara Castellammare regarding collocations with EXPERIENCE.

di Consiglia Marchese -

In riposta a Consiglia Marchese

di Claire Jenkins -
Hi Consiglia! Thanks for your very interesting comments!
Check the correct pronunciation of 'UNNECESSARY' (https://www.lexico.com/definition/unnecessary) - the stress falls on the second syllable.
"...and this is also the case WITH space tourism" OK?
"When we are out in space, we see the SMALLNESS...." - be careful with the pronunciation of 'smallness'.
Thanks again!

di MariaRosaria Capuano -
In riposta a MariaRosaria Capuano

di Claire Jenkins -
Excellent!
You say "I feel that there are more disadvantages than advantages..." - definitely, I agree. You could say this another way: "I feel that the disadvantages OUTWEIGH the advantages" - a bit more complex....show off your vocabulary even more!
Great stuff!