Share your thoughts here. 

In riposta a Claire Jenkins

Re: ANIMAL ISSUES

di teresa brandi -

In riposta a teresa brandi

di Claire Jenkins -
Thank you, Teresa! Thoughtful comments.
Remember that you should say you disagree WITH something.
Check the correct pronunciation of 'FUR' (https://www.lexico.com/definition/fur) I struggled to understand what you were saying at first.
REMEMBER the difference between ECONOMIC and ECONOMICAL: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/economic-or-economical
And finally, the butterfly BEST represents you.
Thanks again!

di Anna Capuano -

In riposta a Anna Capuano

di Claire Jenkins -
Thanks, Anna! I agree - just because something is a tradition does not mean that it is something good that we should continue to do.
You said "We aren't anyone to decide that...." (which sounds quite awkward) referring to the fact that nobody should have the right to kill a helpless animal.
You could say this by asking a question "Who are we to decide that....?"
You say that hunting has no "final" purpose, which is a bit confusing. I suppose you want to say that hunting has no PRACTICAL/REAL purpose - it is purely for so-called 'fun', and this is surely very wrong, as you say, in a society which should respect and protect animals. Is this what you wanted to say?

di Francesca Fuina -

di MariaRosaria Capuano -
In riposta a MariaRosaria Capuano

di Claire Jenkins -
Thanks, Maria Rosaria. Very clear comments. You and Francesca Fuina both enjoyed zoos when you were children - and I guess that's what many zoos bank on and exploit: the fact that children love them.
The adjective 'above-mentioned', is only appropriate in writing (when you speak, where is 'above'? ;-) ) Therefore you need to use the adjective 'AFOREMENTIONED' or you could say something like 'As I said previously....'

di Consiglia Marchese -
Zoos serve no useful purpose.

In riposta a Consiglia Marchese

di Claire Jenkins -
Interesting and thoughtful comments. Zoos are there to safeguard endangered animals, you say. (Excellent vocabulary!)
Therefore, you're keen to see zoos promoting EDUCATION and CONSERVATION, rather than being places of entertainment which exploit the animals. Is that right?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Consiglia.

di Consiglia Marchese -
That's right!
I'm completely against animal circus which exploit and mistreat animals. Sometimes in zoos we can find rescued animals from circuses. Of course animals need their natural environment but zoos can make the difference when it comes to protect animals from circus or global warming.